反核武器组织获得诺贝尔和平奖

A group seeking an international ban on nuclear weapons has won the 2017 Nobel Peace Prize.
一家寻求国际性禁止核武器的组织获得了2017年诺贝尔和平奖。

The Norwegian Nobel Committee is giving the prize to the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons, or ICAN.
挪威诺贝尔委员会将此奖项颁发给了国际废除核武器运动(简称ICAN)。

The head of the committee, Berit Reiss-Andersen, made the announcement on Friday.
诺贝尔委员会主席贝丽特·赖斯-安德森(Berit Reiss-Andersen)周五宣布了这一奖项。

She said, "We live in a world where the risk of nuclear weapons being used is greater than it has been for a long time."
她说:“我们现在所处的时代比以往任何时候都面临更大的核武器威胁。”

The Nobel committee said ICAN won for its work to bring attention to the catastrophic humanitarian effects of any use of nuclear weapons. The statement also praised the group for "its ground-breaking efforts to achieve a treaty-based prohibition of such weapons."
诺贝尔委员会表示,国际废除核武器运动获奖,是因为它唤起了各界关注任何使用核武器的灾难性人道主义后果。声明还赞扬该组织“为实现根据条约禁止这类武器做出了开创性的贡献。”

ICAN describes itself as a coalition of non-government groups in more than 100 countries. It began in Australia and was officially launched in Vienna in 2007.
国际废除核武器运动自称为一家立足于100多个国家的非政府组织联盟。该组织创建于澳大利亚,并于2007年在维也纳正式启动。

ICAN's main goal is to support enactment of a United Nations treaty banning nuclear weapons. The treaty was approved in New York on July 7, 2017. The agreement, however, did not include nuclear powers, such as Britain, China, France, Russia and the United States.
国际废除核武器运动的主要目标是支持联合国制定禁止核武器条约。该条约于2017年7月7日在纽约被核准。然而,该协议不包括英国、中国、法国、俄罗斯和美国等大国。

The peace prize announcement comes as U.S. President Donald Trump has threatened Iran and North Korea over their nuclear activities.
诺贝尔和平奖的公布正值美国总统川普对伊朗和朝鲜的核活动发出威胁之际。

President Trump told the U.N. General Assembly last month that he may be forced to "totally destroy" North Korea because of its nuclear program.
川普总统上个月在联合国大会上表示,他可能会因为朝鲜的核计划,被迫“全面摧毁”朝鲜。

U.S. officials now say Trump is likely to decertify the international nuclear agreement with Iran. He has called the agreement the "worst deal ever negotiated."
美国官员目前称,川普可能会取消同伊朗签订的国际核协议。他称该协议是“美国谈判下来的最糟糕的协议。”

The president is expected to announce his plans in a speech next week. The officials expect him to say the deal is not in the U.S. national interest. This would not cancel the 2015 agreement, but instead return it to Congress. Lawmakers would then have 60 days to decide whether to re-establish sanctions that were suspended under the agreement.
川普预计下周会在演讲中公布他的计划。美国有关官员期望他说该协议不符合美国利益。这样不会取消这项2015年达成的协议,而是把它交还给议会。然后议员们会有60天时间来决定是否恢复根据这项协议被终止的制裁措施。

A decertification could possibly lead to talks on renegotiating the deal, although Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has said that is not under consideration.
虽然伊朗总统哈桑·鲁哈尼(Hassan Rouhani)声称不会考虑此事,但是取消该协议可能会导致就重新谈判进行会谈。

I'm Caty Weaver.
我是卡蒂·韦弗。(51VOA.COM对本文翻译保留全部权利,未经授权请勿转载,违者必究!)