名师答疑:How Do You Feel 或 How Are You?

    This week we answer a question from Ngan.
    本周我们回复Ngan提出的问题。

    Question:
    问题:

    Ngan writes, "What is the difference between ‘how do you feel?' and ‘how are you?'"
    他写道:“‘how do you feel?’和‘how are you?’之间有什么区别?”

    Answer:
    回答:

    Dear Ngan,  Thank you for writing us.
    亲爱的Ngan,谢谢你的来信。

    The answer to your question depends on who is asking it, and also, who is answering it. It can depend on how well the two people know each other.
    你提出的这个问题的答案取决于谁在发问,以及谁在回答。这取决于两个人彼此之间的了解程度。

    'How do you feel' can be a question you ask a friend. It is a personal question about how you feel now.
    ‘How do you feell’可能是你在向朋友提问。这是关于现在感觉如何的一个私人问题。

    Let us say you are talking with your friend who just got out of the hospital:
    假设你正跟一位刚从医院出院的朋友聊天:

    "Hi Janet. I know you've been sick. How do you feel now? I hope you are better!"
    “嗨,珍妮特。我知道你病了。现在感觉咋样?希望你现在好多了!”

    This phrase can be about how a person feels physically or emotionally.
    这句话可能是问某个人身体上或情感上的感受。

    Like this question you may ask your friend who just got married:
    例如你可能会问一位新婚的朋友这样一个问题:

    "How does it feel to be a married man?!"
    “作为一个结了婚的男人,感觉咋样啊?!”

    Add "i-n-g" and you get the word "feeling."
    末尾加上ing,就得到了feeling这个单词。

    Now you are asking how someone feels over a period of time.
    这样你就是在问某人一段时间的感受。

    Here is an example:
    举例如下:

    "How are you feeling since your foot surgery?"
    “你做了足部手术之后感觉如何?”

    or
    或者是

    "How have you been feeling since your father died last month?"
    “令尊去世之后,你还好吗?”

    You might also be asking someone her or his opinion.
    你可能也是在征询某人的意见。

    "How do you feel about the Nats baseball team playing in the World Series?!"
    “你觉得纳特斯棒球队在世界系列赛中的表现如何?”

    Let's turn to 'how are you?' This is something friends ask also each other. But it can be a wider question— one that is not related to a specific issue.
    现在让我们来讲讲‘how are you?’ 这是朋友之间相互的询问。但是它问的可能是一个宽泛的问题,跟具体的问题无关。

    Like this:
    例如:

    "I haven't seen you for a while, how are you?"
    “有段时间不见了,你还好吗?”

    It is also a polite phrase you can use when you meet someone:
    它也是遇见某人时的一句礼貌用语:

    "Sam, this is Elizabeth."
    “山姆,她是伊丽莎白。”

    "Nice to meet you Elizabeth. How are you?"
    “很高兴见到你,伊丽莎白。你好吗?”

    And that's Ask a Teacher!
    以上就是名师答疑节目的全部内容。

    I'm Anne Ball.
    我是安妮·鲍尔。(51VOA.COM原创翻译,禁止转载,违者必究!)