19 December, 2012
An independent U.S. panel investigating the September 11 attack in Libya that resulted in the deaths of four Americans has concluded that security at the Benghazi mission was "grossly inadequate."
The Accountability Review Board says senior-level "systematic failures and management deficiencies" within two State Department bureaus led to a security posture that was inadequate to deal with the attack at the site.
In a report released late Tuesday, the board also said the number of diplomatic security staff members in Benghazi on the day of the attack was "inadequate," in spite of repeated requests from diplomats in Libya for additional staffing.
The board made a number of recommendations, including developing minimum security standards for temporary facilities in high-risk areas.
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Tuesday that she accepted the panel's findings. In a letter to U.S. lawmakers, Clinton said she was working to improve security at diplomatic facilities.
The four Americans killed in the attack included Ambassador Christopher Stephens, in what was the first murder of a U.S. ambassador since 1988.
- Technology Report
- Health Report
- Education Report
- Economics Report
- Arts & Culture
- Ask a Teacher
- Words And Their Stories
- AS IT IS
- Everyday Grammar
- This is America
- Science in the News
- In the News
- American Stories
- Trending Today
- U.S. History
- America's National Parks
- America's Presidents
- Agriculture Report
- People in America
报告：美驻班加西使团未获得足够保安 Report: Inadequate Security at US Mission in Benghazi
- 韩国前独裁者朴正熙的女朴槿惠当选为韩国第一位女总统 South Korea Elects 1st Woman President, Dictator Park's Daughter (12/12/19)
- 报告：美国较少的州处决囚犯 Report: Fewer US States Execute Inmates (12/12/18)
- 美国联邦参议员丹尼尔井上病逝享年88岁 US Senator Daniel Inouye of Hawaii Dies at 88 (12/12/18)
- 奥巴马参加了受到校园枪击案震撼的小镇的悼念遇害者的烛光晚会 Obama Joins Mourners in Town Shattered by School Shooting (12/12/17)
- 埃及反对派:重新举行‘有缺陷的’宪法公投 Egyptian Opposition:Re-stage'Flawed'Constitutional Referendum (12/12/17)
- 俄罗斯否认改变叙利亚政策 Russia Denies Change in Stance on Syria (12/12/14)
- 朝鲜誓言要发射更多卫星 North Korea Vows More Satellite Launches (12/12/14)
- 欧盟达成欧元区银行业监管协议 EU Reaches Eurozone Bank Supervision Deal (12/12/13)
- 奥巴马：美国现在承认新成立的叙利亚反对派联盟 Obama: US Now Recognizes New Syrian Opposition Coalition (12/12/12)
- 朝鲜发射远程火箭，声称卫星进入轨道 North Korea Launches Long-Range Rocket, Claims Satellite in Orbit (12/12/12)