U.S. President Barack Obama has called peace in Northern Ireland a "blueprint" for those living amid conflict around the world.
During remarks Monday to a young audience in Belfast, Mr. Obama said "The terms of peace may be negotiated by leaders, but the fate of peace is up to you."
The American president arrived in Belfast Monday after an overnight flight from Washington. He is attending a G8 summit Monday and Tuesday, likely to be dominated by the U.S. decision to arm Syrian rebels.
The summit, at an Irish resort , will bring together leaders of the world's top economies.
Mr. Obama meets Monday morning with British Prime Minister David Cameron ahead of the summit.
The U.S. leader also plans to meet Monday with Russian President Vladimir Putin for talks on the Syrian conflict. The Russian leader has supported the government of embattled Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad.
The G8 summit will also address efforts to boost the world's sluggish economies.
- Technology Report
- Health Report
- Education Report
- Economics Report
- Arts & Culture
- Ask a Teacher
- Words And Their Stories
- AS IT IS
- Everyday Grammar
- This is America
- Science in the News
- In the News
- American Stories
- Trending Today
- U.S. History
- America's National Parks
- America's Presidents
- Agriculture Report
- People in America
奥巴马：北爱和平是解决世界冲突的蓝图 Obama Calls Peace in Northern Ireland Blueprint for World Conflicts
- 土耳其抗议者在安卡拉游行 Protesters March in Turkey Ahead of Planned Strike (13/6/17)
- 谷歌警告伊朗黑客攻击企图 Google Warns of Increased Hacking Attempts in Iran (13/6/13)
- 希腊国家广播电视公司关闭导致罢工 Greeks Strike because of Broadcast Cutback (13/6/13)
- 世界人口将于2050年达96亿 UN: Africa to Drive Rise in World Population to 9.6 Bn in 2050 (13/6/14)
- 美国：叙总统阿萨德跨过使用化武的“红线” US: Syria's Assad Crossed 'Red Line' with Chemical Weapons (13/6/14)
- 叙发生教派屠杀，克里黑格讨论叙利亚局势 US, Britain to Discuss Syria Amid Reports of Sectarian Killings (13/6/12)
- 韩国将取消南北会谈归咎于朝鲜 South Korea Blames North for Cancelled Talks (13/6/12)
- 朝鲜韩国会谈 KOREAS TALKS (13/6/11)
- 美国监控 US SURVEILLANCE (13/6/11)
- 伊拉克发生自杀袭击13人丧生 IRAQ VIOLENCE (13/6/10)