South Korea has proposed talks with North Korea on re-opening a stalled joint industrial complex in the North.
Seoul's Unification Ministry suggested the low-level talks be held Saturday at the Panmunjom truce village on the two countries' border.
The Kaesong industrial complex has been closed since April, when it fell victim to weeks of heightened inter-Korean tension.
North Korea has not responded to the proposal. But on Wednesday, Pyongyang said it would allow South Korean business people to inspect their equipment at the facility.
The two Koreas tried to hold talks aimed at re-opening Kaesong last month, but they were canceled following a disagreement over who would represent each side.
The factory was an important source of revenue for North Korea and served as one of the last remaining signs of cooperation between Seoul and Pyongyang.
- Technology Report
- Health Report
- Education Report
- Economics Report
- Arts & Culture
- Ask a Teacher
- Words And Their Stories
- AS IT IS
- Everyday Grammar
- This is America
- Science in the News
- In the News
- American Stories
- Trending Today
- U.S. History
- America's National Parks
- America's Presidents
- Agriculture Report
- People in America
韩国建议就联合工业园区进行谈判 S Korea Proposes Talks with North on Joint Factory
- 埃及临时元首就任穆尔西被军队拘捕 Egypt Installs Interim Leader, Morsi Detained (13/7/4)
- 美国女性滥用处方止痛药死亡案例迅速增加 Prescription Painkiller Deaths Quickly Rising Among US Women (13/7/3)
- 埃及动荡和葡萄牙政局不稳导致世界股市下挫 World Markets Tumble on Egyptian Turmoil, Portuguese Uncertainty (13/7/3)
- 奥巴马结束非洲贸易之行 Obama Closes Trade-Focused Africa Trip (13/7/2)
- 奥巴马抵达非洲之行的最后一站坦桑尼亚 Obama Arrives in Tanzania, Final Stop on Africa Tour (13/7/1)
- 克里：美、中、日在朝去核上意见‘一致’ Kerry: US, China, Japan 'United' on North Korea Denuclearization (13/7/1)
- 奥巴马前往南非 Obama Heads to South Africa (13/6/28)
- 克里推动以巴和谈 Kerry in Mideast for Peace Push (13/6/27)
- 澳前总理陆克文卷土重来赢回工党领袖职位 Kevin Rudd won Labor Party leadership (13/6/26)
- 神舟10号飞船周三安全着陆 China Shenzhou-10 spacecraft touched down safely (13/6/26)