联合国:阿富汗平民伤亡人数剧增 UN: Civilian Casualties Rising Sharply in Afghanistan

10 August, 2010

联合国最新的一份报告说,阿富汗平民伤亡人数在今年上半年增加了31%,而塔利班以及其他反叛分子要为此负主要责任。
 
根据联合国星期二发表的报告,将近1千3百名阿富汗人死于冲突,另有2千人受伤。这主要归咎于使用更为先进的自制炸弹。
 
联合国说,塔利班和其他反叛分子要为死亡人数的百分之76负责,去年这个数字是百分之53。与此同时,北约部队所引起的伤亡人数下跌到12%,比去年同期几乎减少了三分之一。
 
联合国特使德米斯图拉把这个报告称为一个“警醒”。他在喀布尔举行的一个新闻发布会上表示,这场冲突造成的伤亡者中平民过多,尤其是妇女和儿童过多。
 
美国和北约军队在阿富汗的最高指挥官彼得雷乌斯将军说,联军必须继续努力防止出现平民伤亡。

A new United Nations report says civilian casualties in Afghanistan have risen 31 percent in the first half of 2010, with the Taliban and other insurgents largely responsible for the increase.
 
According to its report issued Tuesday, nearly 1,300 Afghans died and 2,000 were injured in conflict-related injuries, attributed mostly to the use of more sophisticated homemade bombs.
 
The U.N. said Taliban and other insurgents were responsible for 76 percent of the deaths, up from 53 percent last year. Meanwhile casualties attributed to NATO forces fell by almost a third over the same period to account for 12 percent this year.
 
U.N. special envoy Staffan de Mistura called the report a "wake-up call," telling a Kabul news conference that the human cost of the conflict is being paid too heavily by civilians, particularly women and children.
 
The top U.S. and NATO commander in Afghanistan, General David Petraeus, has said coalition forces must continue to work to prevent civilian deaths.