- Technology Report
- Health Report
- Education Report
- Economics Report
- Arts & Culture
- Ask a Teacher
- Words And Their Stories
- AS IT IS
- Everyday Grammar
- This is America
- Science in the News
- In the News
- American Stories
- Trending Today
- U.S. History
- America's National Parks
- America's Presidents
- Agriculture Report
- People in America
137 workaholic; nutty
LL: I'm really worried about Bob. He seems as though he has turned into a real workaholic.
LH: 你很担心Bob，因为他成了workaholic. Workaholic, 那是什么意思？是不是Bob生病了？
LL: No, Bob doesn't have a disease. He's a workaholic. A workaholic is someone who works all of the time and never takes time for anything else.
LL: No, it's not. Workaholics often get stress-related problems such as high blood pressure or ulcers.
LL: That's a shame, but it's actually pretty common. I've known a few workaholics, too.
LL: I don't know how he'll respond to that. Maybe it would be better if we just pressured him to hang out with us and relax more.
LH: 这倒是个好主意，让他和我们一起出去玩，一定可以放松心情的！ 要不这样吧！我们可以邀请Bob下星期到我家玩，顺便看看我的小雪球！
LL: I don't know if meeting your crazy cat is going to help prevent Bob from becoming a workaholic, but at least it will get him out of the office for a while.
LL: Well, did the vet officially diagnose your cat as being totally nutty?
LH: Nutty? 那是什么意思。你该不是在说我的小雪球有什么行为方面的问题吧？
LL: You could say that. Nutty means crazy.
LL: Did the vet agree with you?
LL: Oh, I see, she's so nutty because she has too much extra energy. If we play with her and tire her out, she'll be calmer.
LL: Hey, that actually sounds fun. Can I help?
LL: All right, I won't make fun of your nutty cat anymore.
LH: Larry! 你怎么又这么说她啊！
LL: I'm just kidding. I think it's funny that you get so offended when I call Snowball nutty.
LL: Okay, I won't. Let's take her home and play with her now. I'm sure she doesn't want to stay here any longer.
- 136 chocoholic; fix (08/6/15 19:54:24)
- 135 gang up on sb.; basket case (08/6/15 19:54:24)
- 134 off one's rocker; silent treatment (08/6/15 19:54:24)
- 133 dibs; shotgun (08/6/15 19:54:24)
- 132 tie the knot; drop-dead (08/6/15 19:54:24)
- 131 be hard up; pick on sb. (08/6/15 19:54:24)
- 130 tattletale; pushover (08/6/15 19:54:24)
- 129 play hooky; put one's foot down (08/6/15 19:54:24)
- 128 from scratch; all set (08/6/15 19:54:24)
- 127 big shot; bent out of shape (08/6/15 19:54:24)